Bhumesh Verma is the Managing Partner of Corp Comm Legal, an independent Indian law firm headquartered in New Delhi.
Having started his career at Ajay Bahl& Co. (now part of AZB & Partners), Bhumesh went on to become partner at some of the leading Indian law firms in India. He received the coveted Chevening Scholarship by the UK Government in 2000 whereunder he studied in College of Law, York and was a visiting lawyer with Ashursts’ London office.
With over two decades of experience, Bhumesh is one of the leading Indian senior corporate practitioners (consistently ranked in the ‘A List’ of the Top 100 Indian Lawyers by India Business Law Journal). His expertise areas are advising domestic and foreign clients on inbound and outbound mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions, private equity, venture capital, joint ventures, technical collaborations, external commercial borrowings, corporate structuring, strategic advice, regulatory approvals, corporate advisory, due diligence and related fields.
Despite his hectic schedule, Bhumesh is passionate about sharing his knowledge and experience with the fraternity. He is an avid reader, a sought-after speaker and prolific writer, having contributed to in-house journals of many international law firms on Indian laws and more than 200 online articles so far. These articles are very keenly followed and appreciated by professionals, students and academia alike.Bhumesh has been invited as a guest faculty by several law and management institutes, online legal education portals and for judging moot courts. He also conducts workshops for students and professionals on corporate laws and drafting skills.
He has also authored 2 books on Drafting of Commercial Contracts.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) 1994: Campus Law Centre, Delhi University.
- British Chevening Scholarship Program for Young Indian Corporate & Commercial Lawyers, 2000 at College of Law, York, UK.
- Inbound and outbound M&A transactions
- Corporate – Commercial Agreements related to Private Equity, Venture Capital, Joint Ventures, Technical Collaborations
- External Commercial Borrowings
- Corporate Structuring
- Strategic Advice
- Regulatory Approvals
- Corporate Advisory
- India Entry Strategy for foreign companies
- Due Diligence for share / asset acquisition
- Bar Council of Delhi
- Delhi Bar Association
- Association of British Scholars
- Chevening Alumni India
A list of other partners can be provided on request.